by Paul Rudo on 07/02/12 at 6:50 pm
One of the great things about MS Exchange is that it offers a feature-rich and consistent experience across every client interface. And the fact that that Outlook contains everything you need – including email, voicemail, text messaging, instant messaging, calendars and more – makes this a truly portable workplace.
- Anywhere you have a browser, you’re in the office. The Outlook Web App works smoothly with all of the most popular browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
- Outlook Web App for Exchange 2010 has some very exciting new features that will certainly make everyone in your office more productive.
- One of the most interesting features in this new edition is MailTips, which uses a set of behavioural filters in order to bring up warnings when senders are at risk of doing something which may embarrass the company or make the sender look unprofessional. In the age of social media, a bad reputation can kill a company overnight.
- Another convenient feature is the fact that – regardless of how many messages you have – you can scroll through all of your messages on a single page without ever having to click a “next” button.
- Do you find yourself frequently performing the same inbox searches over and over? Then you’ll love the new Favorites feature which lets you create a list of pre-configured user-defined searches which are available at the click of a mouse.
- When you begin typing an email address into the Outlook Web App, it will auto-populate with a drop-down list of suggested names and email addresses.
- Users can share their calendar with other external users, and view all calendars from a single interface for better organization and coordination.
- The conversation view capability organizes emails into a timeline so that conversations across multiple users can remain organized.
With Outlook Web App for Exchange, users can remain in the loop while away from the office. Anywhere they can find a web browser, they’ll have instant access to many of the same powerful features, functionality and productivity tools that they would’ve had with their standard Outlook client.
This article was made possible by 123Together.com, the leading experts in cost-effective hosted Microsoft Exchange 2010 services.