by Paul Rudo on 21/02/11 at 5:32 am
It’s often been said that fifty percent of your marketing efforts are wasted. The problem is that you never know which fifty percent it is. But one of the great things about doing business in the digital age is that everything can now be measured.
With the right web analytics system in place, you can accurately track user activity in order to refine the tactics that work while cutting out the tactics that don’t. And once in a while, you may discover a buying pattern or motive that you never would have otherwise found.
Below is my list of the top 24 Web Analytics Software Packages.
- Google Analytics The world’s most popular analytics software. Full-featured, AdWords-integrated and completely free.
- VisiStat A playful approach to web analytics, with a lot of power under the surface.
- Omniture The industry-leading web analytics product form Adobe. Considered by many to be amongst the best for very serious users.
- Core Metrics The high-end web analytics product offering from IBM. Helping companies to evolve, engage and surpass their goals.
- Extron An analytics service that’s designed around the entire web site lifecycle. Helping you optimize visitor experience.
- At Internet Analyze your site using browsing sequences, allowing you to gain better insight and optimize your channels.
- Deep Software An affordable and full-featured tool that helps you maximize returns by pulling valuable marketing data from your log files.
- WebTrends One of the world’s top web analytics companies, with a special focus on mobile and social media trending.
- MetaSun Real-time stat tracking for web sites, downloads or even media files. Also offers a free trial.
- Piwik Affiliated with the OpenX ad serving platform, Piwik is an open-source competitor to Google Analytics which is released under the GPL.
- OneStat This isn’t just a web analytics data provider. They supply customers with actual real-time intelligence about their web visitors.
- Lyris HQ A comprehensive and powerful suite of web analytics tools designed around the needs of serious enterprise web site managers.
- AdvancedWebStats This online tracking service allows you to better engage your visitors and to isolate and eliminate the factors which cause them to slip away.
- WordStream WordStream helps better-organize your web marketing efforts – based on site data – to make your activities more profitable and efficient.
- WebLogStorm A lesser-known provider with a promising future. Offers interactive filters and drill-down capability.
- ClickTale Improve your web site performance by actually watching how users brows your site through click heat maps.
- OpenTracker An ideal next step for users of Google Analytics who want more granularity in the way the look at user click behavior on-site.
- GoStats A web statistics service that doubles as a hit counter for your site. Improves interactivity and stickiness by adding additional information for visitors.
- Woopra With over one hundred thousand web sites tracked, this company offers a rich statistical monitoring experience in real time.
- GetClicky They offers many of the same features that you’ll find in other packages from this list, but it was designed specifically for ease-of-use. This feature alone makes it more practical for many users.
- Personyze This data tracking suite allows you to provide a more personalized experience through the use of analytics.
- ChartBeat A real-time charting, tracking and monitoring suite designed for impatient webmasters that need constant access to fresh, current data.
- ShinyStat A robust suite of analytics that includes features such as trending, video analytics, and SERP monitoring.